At the beginning of February, Stephanie and I visited Franci Cakes on her opening day to celebrate and show support by purchasing some delicious cupcakes. I was also able to celebrate a good friend's 22nd birthday (which is why both of my girls are double-peacing it in the second photo, hahaha) with strawberry beer!
Loved: The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall, I Was Here by Gayle Forman, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Liked: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger, Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Number of books and pages read in February: 6 // 1,901 pages
Number of books and pages read in 2015: 12 // 3,282 pages
- Four February releases I'm most looking forward to!
- Two book reviews: The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall and I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- Top Ten Books I Want to Read from the Historical Fiction Genre — please let me know if you have any recommendations for me to add to this list!
- I wanted to talk about ALL the books I read in 2015, so I started Forget Me Not and gave mini reviews for The Giver, Four and Between Shades of Gray.
- Waiting on Wednesday: 99 Days by Katie Cotugno
- I participated in my first blogger event, the 2015 Book Bloggers Love-a-Thon! I talked about myself, shared two favorite quotes, took a picture of my bookshelf and briefly mentioned my current favorites :)
- NEW BOOKS!
The 100 (The CW)
Are you surprised this is on here? Probably not. After hearing all about this show on Twitter, I knew I had to give it a try. I flew through the first season in two days (thank you, Netflix) and am now all caught up. Reasons to watch this show: AWESOME lady heroines, crazy plot, cute males ... need I say more?
- After finding out that Shawn Mendes is performing at the Taylor Swift concert I'm going to in August, I looked up a couple of his songs and fell in love with The Weight.
- Watching Adam Levine and Gwen Stefani sing My Heart is Open together at the Grammys gave me the shivers.
- Imagine Dragons came out with a new album and I have been in love with Shots.
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon was my go-to song of the month!