1. Ever since I finished Shadow and Bone, I haven't been in the mood to read anything except comic books. I guess it's because I'm a fresh comic nerd and I just want to read EVERYTHING. I've been on the same book (The Book Thief) since the end of August, but I think I'm going to save it for another time ... I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it since I've been meaning to get to it for a while now, and I might end up hating it because of that.
2. I started running/working out again, and I have to say — on the days I exercise, I feel a lot better about myself. A lot of the minor health issues I have are related to the fact that I don't take care of my body, so I've been trying to make an effort to eat a little better and move around more often ... like take frequent walks to the library ;)
3. Marvel reading update: I'm working my way through She-Hulk (2004) and it's alright so far. I've only read the first two issues, but I think it's pretty cool how she works as both an Avenger and a lawyer. I'm hoping to get some sort of explanation as to how Jen Walters became She-Hulk and why she is the way she is, but *thumbs up* as of now. Other comic series I'm planning to read this coming week: Captain Marvel (2012) and Hawkeye (2012).
4. After baking macarons with Esther, a good friend and fellow book nerd, I decided to try it out by myself. (Well, I mainly watched her make it that time ... since I was afraid to mess up the recipe!) I'm not a baker - I've only made cheesecake in the past - but it was a lot easier than I expected. There are still a couple of things I need to work on, but I'm really excited to work on different fillings. Raspberry buttercream is up next! :)
5. Question of the week: What are some TV shows you'd watch/re-watch, but with your children? The first show that popped into my mind was Rugrats (my favorite as a child), but I also really want to re-watch Hey Arnold! I watched episodes as they aired when I was younger, but I can't remember if there were bits and pieces in each episode that tie together ... OH! I would 100% also watch Boy Meets World. I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR BOY MEETS WORLD.
I hope these weekly things will be fun to read ... my life really isn't that interesting but I hope it sparks some kind of conversation!