Two weeks ago, I was accepted for a summer internship at a publishing company in New York. Isn't that crazy?! I still can't believe it. My flight is TOMORROW night and I'll be there for the next 10 weeks. I hope to share more as the time comes (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to mention right now) but I'm really excited to live in a different city and share my adventures with you all :)
If you have any recommendations for places I should eat or visit, PLEASE let me know! I have already started a list but I'm always looking for personal favorites. I was only seven or eight the last time I was in New York, so this will be a completely different experience.
Since I'll be across the country and away from my bookshelf, I decided on choosing a handful of books to bring with me. It was a little tough to narrow it down, but here it is:
- Peter Pan — Starting a new feature in July or August ... stay tuned!
- Pride and Prejudice — After reading The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord, this has been bumped up to the top of my reading list. I have a hard time starting classics, but I'm hoping to buddy read this with a friend :)
- Living the Cross Centered Life — Book club book! I'll be missing the meetings for the rest of this year, but I'm hoping to finish it anyway.
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd — My boyfriend has been wanting me to read this for ages, yikes.
- The Kiss of Deception — Hoping to get this baby signed next week!
I'll also be utilizing my library's ebook system and catching up with the Hundred Oaks series by Miranda Kenneally. I finished the first book, Catching Jordan, back in January and loved it so I'll be continuing along.
Have you ever been to New York? What are your plans for this summer? Will you be working on any new projects? What are you hoping to read?