Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. I only finished two books in August. It's quite embarrassing because I didn't start school until the 25th, which means I had plenty of time to read. I got through most of Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid, but I had to return it to the library. I'm in a bit of a reading slump right now, so hopefully I come across some good books in September.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry — my family has had this book for ages and I still haven't gotten around to reading it. The movie is already out and I won't watch it unless I've finished the book.
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver — one of my reading goals for this year is to finish the Delirium trilogy, which I was planning to do this month but ... as you can tell, that didn't turn out well.
The day after that, I attended a pre-screening of If I Stay (thank you, Refinery29!) It was a beautiful movie, and I'll definitely be watching it again in theaters. Gayle Forman, Chloe Moretz and Liana Liberato also stopped by to introduce the movie, so that was pretty cool.
I don't normally attend concerts, but Ed Sheeran was going to be around so I had to buy tickets. Seeing and listening to him LIVE was a ton of fun. It was just him, his guitar and a loop pedal — crazy how good it still sounds!
- I bought some new books and took a picture.
- I bought some more new books and filmed a video.
- I read some ebooks and tried to convince you to do the same.
- I tried to get you to watch some new TV shows with me.
- I made a list of ten books I want to read but haven't bought yet.
Because I only read two books this month and did not complete any of my reading goals, I'm going to save myself from humiliation and refrain from posting a reading challenge update :p
Out of all the books you read in August, which one did you enjoy the most? Did you watch If I Stay? What is something cool you did in August?